Scrapbooks are a great way to capture those special moments in you and your family’s lives. A place to tell a story about your child’s school-age years, your first home, and the best times with your best friend.
Today, baby boomers enjoy putting the story together not just of their children, but also of their parents and grandparents – how they met, where they came from, history of the time and more – so their children and grandchildren know more about their heritage.
Unfortunately, over time, scrapbooks deteriorate, suffering bent or torn pages, memorabilia coming unglued and photographs starting to yellow and fade. When the time comes to pass these books along to your children or other loved ones you may no longer have a nice, clean book of memories; it may be dusty, aged and somewhat fragile.
So, what’s your options for preserving memories held in a scrapbook for the long-term? One solution is a custom-made slideshow stored on a DVD, flash drive or other external media, or even in the cloud. Set your scrapbook pages to music and suddenly it comes alive, letting your children and others relive your cherished memories.
Scrapbooking Slideshows on DVD or other media:
- Easily duplicate on a DVD and give as a gift.
- A second (or third) copy can save you heartache should you ever be the victim of a natural disaster.
- Re-size and re-print photos for other needs, such as making photos be consistent and uniform in size or zooming in or out to better tell your story.
Scrapbooking is a fun and creative way to capture those memories. Slideshows on DVD take it to the next level.
- Digital Scrapbooking… The good, the bad and the story (craftcreateconnect.com)
- Memories from Historical Thinkers (visual.ly)